• TONI&GUY Hairdressing Academy acknowledges that the Academy signed and returned to the
Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or
intends to use the funds received under Section 314(a)(4)of the CRRSAA Act to provide Emergency
Financial Aid Grants to students.
• The total amount of funds we have received is $145,284.00 from the Department of Education
pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency FinancialAid Grants to
Students. Of the $145,284.00, all of that allocation is specifically designated for disbursement to
• The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students based on need so far
under Section 314(a)(4) of the CRRSAA Act is $134,959.00.
• It is estimated the total number of students at the academy eligible to receive Emergency
Financial Aid Grants under Section 314(a)(4) of the CRRSAA Act is 103.
• The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students
under Section 314(a)(4) of the CRRSAA Act is currently 83.
• The method of determination as to which students will receive the Emergency Financial Aid
Grants and how much they would receive under Section 314(a)(4) of the CRRSAA Act is as follows.
All students enrolled as of 2/16/21 and currently attending as of 5/31/21 or on an approved leave
of absence. Dropped, expelled and withdrawn students are not eligible. An inquiry form will be
passed out to all eligible students. A point system was created to identify students need. 1 point for
every student, 1 point for every PELL student, and 1point for students who listed exceptional need
on the inquiry form. The total amount of the grantwill be divided by the total number of points and
a dollar amount will be assigned to each point. Each point is worth $784.67. Amount awarded is
based on points per student.
• Students are encouraged to use the funds to pay for any out of pocket expenses they incurred in
transferring their education to a distance learning environment as well as expenses incurred due to
the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Checks will be cut for eligible students per their request or applied directly to their student balance
with their signed approval.
• Revised 9.1.21