The wet look has been a hot style for all of 2019. Celebrities like Rihanna, Bella Hadid, Margot Robbie and the Kardashians have all sported this trendy hairstyle. Whether you slick back or part to the side, wet-look hair can be done on anyone with any hair texture or length. Regional Creative Director , Stephen Jaime, shows us how.
Tips to Help You
Before we get started, here are a few tips to help you along the way. First, pick the right product; mousse, hairspray and gel are not ideal for this look, as the idea is not for the hair to look crispy and hard, rather it should look wet and flexible. Ditch the comb and use your fingers for texture on the ends. Remember that though this hairstyle is supposed to look wet, it will end dry, so shine adding products are the key to this look.
What You Need to Start:
- Damp hair
- Blow dryer with diffuser
- 5 inch or 2 inch curling iron
- Bed Head Headrush Shine Spray
- TIGI Copyright Volume Lift Styling Spray
- TIGI Copyright Split End Repair Cream
- Brown Bottled TIGI Copyright Lustre Oil
Step by Step:
- Begin with damp hair, and
- apply a generous amount of TIGI Repair Cream, rubbing it through to the ends.
- This serum will lock moisture in place.
- Layer TIGI Lustre Oil on the middle of the hair strand through to the ends of the hair for
- Spray TIGI Volume Lift Styling Spray all over the hair for hold so that if there isn’t texture, the look will stay in place.
- Establish a part in your hair—the one you normally wear is best.
- Twist and twirl the hair around your fingers in random sections to add managed texture. Do this throughout the hair until finished.
- Dry hair with hair dryer and diffusor, make sure not to add volume to the hair.
- Once the hair is dry, untwist the twisted hair.
- For additional texture, take a 1.5 inch or 2-inch curling iron, softly wrap the hair in different sections for an irregular separation.
- Finish the hair with Bed Head Headrush for added shine. The more shine, the wetter it will appear.
Watch our YouTube channel for more techniques on hair cutting, style and coloring at TONI&GUY USA.