One of the most recognizable members of the TONI&GUY family, Zak Mascolo (you know, the one and only TONI&GUY Creative Director of the Americas and TONI&GUY Advanced Education Team lead), walks us through the steps of styling short men’s hair with pomade or hair wax. In the tutorial video below, Zak showcases the TIGI Bed Head B For Men Matte Separation workable wax!
Watch Zak style it out
8 pro tips for styling with hair wax
- Use the back of your nail to measure product. Scrape a nail’s worth (about a dime-sized amount) of the hair wax with the back of your index finger.
- Melt product with heat from your palms. Wipe the product into your opposite hand’s palm and work between your hands until fully melted, evenly distributed, and clumpless. It should look almost like there’s nothing on your hands.
- Apply wax to wet or dry hair. In the tutorial above, Zak applies the wax to dry hair before finishing the look. The product can also be applied to wet or damp hair to achieve more natural or wet-looking styles.
- Start applying at the back of the head. Since the majority of our hair lies toward the back of our heads, it’s the perfect place to begin wax application and create the foundation of the hairstyle.
- Alternate hands during application. As you work back to front, be sure to alternate your hands as you go. This will ensure that the product is evenly applied as it’s transferred from your hands to your client’s hair.
- Close your hand as you work toward the ends. When you run your hands through your client’s hair to apply the wax, be sure to close your hand as you get towards the ends. This will ensure that the wax is applied to the ends of the hair too.
- Once applied, style out to your liking. Because this hair wax has exceptional hold, you can style a short men’s hairstyle any way you’d like. Want to style the hair up and away from the face? Go for it! Just looking to add texture and movement? You can do that too!
- (BONUS) Pair with molding paste for a next-level look. When the TIGI Bed Head B For Men Matte Separaton wax is paired with TIGI Bed Head B For Men Pure Texture molding paste, control and workability are cranked to the max.
More about TIGI Bed Head B for Men Matte Separation
Offering great hold and texture, TIGI Bed Head B for Men Matte Separation workable wax is a top-notch men’s hairstyling product.
- It’s versatile. If you’re after a molded style out, use the matte wax on dry hair and finish to your liking. If you’re looking for more of a natural/wet hairstyle, apply the hair wax to wet or damp hair before styling out.
- It’s capable. This workable wax offers great hold and texture that complements nearly any short men’s hairstyle. It’ll add depth and natural volume to give you a great look that lasts all day!
- It’s well-rounded. Serious hold, texture, and definitely coupled with humidity protection, natural ingredients, and a fresh scent. What more could you ask for in a hair wax?
Want to learn how to cut, colour, and style hair?
Check out TONI&GUY’s YouTube channel for more tutorial videos.