Know Your Options

Financial aid available to those who qualify consists of both grants and loans. Students applying for financial aid will need to complete the FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Dependent students will require parental information to complete their applications. Students may complete the FAFSA on their own or contact a TONI&GUY Hairdressing Academy Financial Aid Coordinator to schedule an appointment.

Your Guide to FAFSA

File your Free Applications for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Financial Aid FAQs

Does TONI&GUY accept financial aid?

Yes, financial aid is available to those who qualify. Eligible students may apply for the Pell Grant and Federal Stafford Student Loan, and parents of dependent students may apply for the Federal Parent PLUS Loan.

Does TONI&GUY offer scholarships?

Check with your local TONI&GUY Hairdressing academy to review current scholarship opportunities.

Does TONI&GUY offer payment plans?

Yes, payment plans are available for students with in-school balances and for students not applying for financial aid.

What do I need to do to get my VA benefits started at TONI&GUY?

You will need to go to and apply for benefits online. The process is simple, just follow along and answer the questions. Next, you will complete a 22-1990 Form.
This is the application for your benefits. Upon completion, the VA will mail you a COE (Certificate of Eligibility) or award letter. This will give you your benefits rate and your length of time in the military along with additional information. VA now offers the “FOREVER GI BILL®” which means it will last forever.

What will VA pay at this school?

Depending on what type of benefit you use and your percentage
rate, this will determine what your eligibility will be. The school
does not make determinations on VA benefits or the rates of pay.
That is handled solely by VA. Some benefits will pay your tuition,
fees, books and supplies, plus pay you a stipend check.
Some Benefits will not pay anything other than a stipend check
which is referred to as a “living allowance”. It’s all based on the type
of chapter you are qualified to use per VA and your percentage rate.

What other types of financial aid are available?

Every student is eligible to apply for what is called Title IV Funding,
but it is only for those that qualify. If you qualify, you could be eligible
for loans and/or grants.

Am I required to take out financial aid?

No. You can use your VA Benefits to pay for your schooling or you
can use a combination of both. Most veterans will complete what is
called a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). This form
will allow the school to determine what type of funding, if any, you
may be eligible to apply for.
Some veterans may decide to take out loans to help with school
while others decide to pay cash or use their benefits. Once you know
all of your options, you can make the most informed decision on
your aid.

Can my wife or kids attend TONI&GUY?

Yes. Anyone over the age of 17 can enroll at TONI&GUY.
However, if you are inquiring about allowing others to use
your VA Benefits to come to school, please call the VA first
at 1-888-442-4551 to find out about transfer of benefits
or if you have question about your own.

Do you have questions about Academy admissions?